Filippi. The Choice of Champions. It’s our tagline, and we’re proud to say it’s a true statement. At the Elite level, no other manufacturer has as many athletes using their boats, making Filippi the #1 brand chosen by the World’s best. At the 2016 Rio Olympics, Filippi boats won 48% of all medals, leaving the other brands to divvy up the other 52%. At the 2017 World Championships, Filippi boats won 66% of all available medals, including 17 golds, 18 silvers, and 16 bronze medals. Filippi boats also set 5 new “Worlds Best Times” in the summer of 2017, making Filippi the only brand to set any new times this year.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), coupled with tank testing, elite athlete feedback, and decades of boat building experience produces hull shapes that are fast, durable and comfortable to row. Filippi hulls are laid up by hand, ensuring that all materials are correctly “wet out”, then vacuum molded and heat cured. The vacuum mold process ensures the core materials bond together correctly. Heat curing take place for a three day period to a temperature of 90 degrees Celsius. This makes a tough, durable shell.
All Filippi boats are made of the highest quality composite materials, including Carbon, Kevlar, Aluminum and Titanium. To ensure quality, every stage of construction is monitored by computer, with each technician recording their work and the materials used in real time.
Despite the exceptional results at World Championships and athlete acclaim at the highest levels of rowing, Filippi constantly strives for improvement and innovation in their boats. We constantly design, prototype, test, and evaluate every detail of our boats before making them available to our customers. This dedication the top performance and precise construction methodology ensures a world class boat, ready to be rowed on any lake, river, or Olympic venue of your choosing.